Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Car Trouble #7

So I'm unable to drive Sherry much because of the lifters. And the lifters are a little more in depth, I didn't want to do it by myself or even at the Hobby shop. I once again took Sherry to a mechanic. This one was probably the worse one yet. I specifically asked the owner if he could do this, he said "sure not a problem bring it in."

When I picked up the car long after he promised I was so angry I couldn't talk. He said that this car was different than any other car and his guys couldn't adjust the lifters. Well they sounded worse than before. I wasn't sure I would be able to drive her home. Then he said well when we were trying to do the lifters we punched a hole in the radiator. How they did that I don't know. To this day I can't believe I actually paid him! I later went to a radiator shop and had them rebuild the radiator which needed to be done anyway, but cost $300 that I wouldn't have had to spend if the mechanic didn't mess it up. I don't remember where I got the lifters done if at all. Tune in next time for the wheel and tire story.

No comments: