Saturday, August 1, 2009

About Darn Time

Guess what folks I am almost on my way home I will be there on the 6th. Hard to believe that an entire summer has gone by. So I thought I would write the things that I was able to accomplish: I was able to finish up the one class that I didn't have to drop when I left, and start and almost finished THREE more. I have a couple B's and two A's I am so happy. Now I have two classes to take to finish my degree and start on my Masters Program.
So next I was able to chalk another deployment in my military career.
I spent some valuable time helping the good people on Jolo, although they are destitute, they will do most anything to stay head above water.
I went on five MEDCAPs taking pictures along the way and assisting in various ways that I thought I would never see in my lifetime.
I made some new friends.
I pissed a few people off. Nothing really changed there.
I have read a few books and actually was interested and enjoyed them. Although I couldn't bring myself to finish Harry Potter.
I had a super really awesome totally righteous gift made for my wife to be presented on our 20th Anniversary, don't even try to ask...you will have to wait. And it only cost 35,000P.
I was able to go shopping downtown Jolo and met some interesting people and see the hustle and bustle of the big city. lol
I witnessed the craftsmanship of the Phils in their buildings.
I was finally able to go to an island and then to the beach and was able to snorkel.
I flew on a helicopter for the first time.
I shot a 9mm for the first time.
I drove a Hummer for the first time
I went on a convoy with the army for the first time.
I missed a great summer in Alaska!
I ate octopus for the first time.
I received tons of packages and a really nice one from Marti Goldburg who sent 40 letters full of candy bars for the troops here.
I had a great work out almost everyday and lost 20 pounds to boot.
I for the most part had a good time. There were some times I wish I didn't come here but all in all it wasn't too bad. The best part is I will have a loving wife and children to go home to. Most of all I missed them and just being home. I was sick several times too, maybe that had something to do with missing the family.

2 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

I cant wait!!!!!!!!

Susi said...

Come see us when you are down this direction!!! I miss you guys!