Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Part of History


OK, I told Jen I was going to go to bed since it is 3AM, but couldn't wait to put this on my blog. I can't believe what just happened. I just finished a Poly Sci test on-line, said my prayers and snuggled into bed. Then the door bell rang, good news the hostage that was kidnapped in January was released and they wanted us to go and give him a bill of good health. It was very exciting to see him, although I never met him. He is a spunky 62 year old.
We ended up hearing all about his captors dragging him through the jungle and all the fire fights he was caught up in. He said he just curled up in to the fetal position and covered his ears. What a scary thing that must have been. I am glad he is safe and back in the real world.
This one is a little blurry but you can recognize my shinny dome.I am sure he was sick of all the cameras and such going on and the reporters in his face etc.
I took this one and he looked up at me as to say enough. But he was just so happy to be free. Dwight was pretty happy too, this is what he was hoping to do, he got his wish.And we were all able to welcome him back with thanks to the Lord.

3 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

That's just awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Ya know Dale, when I was stationed on Guam in 1968 - 1970. We had soem Japanese soldiers walk out of the Jungle that were left over from World War II. They said they didn't know if the War had ended. That was a good wake up call for them 20 some years later.
This young fella that was released from his capturers felt the same way.
PA

Anonymous said...

Life is good . You guys are doing good work.